Invisalign® clear aligners have revolutionized orthodontic treatment by offering a discreet and convenient way to achieve a beautifully aligned smile. These custom-made, clear and removable trays have gained immense popularity among individuals seeking an alternative to traditional braces.
How Do Invisalign Clear Aligners Work?
Invisalign aligners, including Invisalign® Teen, work on the same principles as traditional braces, gently applying controlled force to move teeth into their desired positions. However, they do so without the need for unsightly metal wires and brackets. Instead, Invisalign treatment employs a strong, transparent plastic material specially crafted to fit snugly over your teeth.
The treatment process involves a series of custom-made aligners, each slightly different from the last. Every two weeks, you progress to the next aligner in the series, gradually guiding your teeth toward the desired alignment. The duration of your treatment will vary based on the complexity of your case but typically ranges from six months to two years.
Advantages of Orthodontic Treatment With Invisalign Aligners:
- Enhanced Oral Hygiene: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easy to maintain proper oral hygiene. You can brush and floss your teeth without any obstructions.
- Comfortable and Irritation-Free: Invisalign aligners are smooth and comfortable to wear, significantly reducing the risk of irritation to your gums and cheeks that can be common with braces.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, allowing you to undergo orthodontic treatment discreetly, without drawing attention to your dental work.
- Minimized Tooth Grinding: Invisalign aligners can serve as a protective barrier against teeth grinding, helping to prevent excessive wear on your teeth.
- Removable Convenience: You can remove your aligners when eating, so there are no dietary restrictions. This also means you can enjoy your favorite foods without worrying about damaging braces.
Invisalign Treatment Cost
The cost of your Invisalign treatment is comparable to traditional braces and depends on how complex your case is and how many sets of aligners are needed. If your dental insurance covers orthodontic care, it should cover the cost of Invisalign treatment. Our office also provides financial options for your use.
Invisalign Clear Aligner FAQ
Thanks to advances in technology and treatment techniques, almost anyone can be a candidate for Invisalign clear aligners. Our dentist will evaluate your teeth and mouth to determine if Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Invisalign clear aligners are minimally invasive and designed to have very little impact on your lifestyle. Aside from being nearly invisible, the aligners are removable to allow you to eat and drink normally as well as maintain good oral hygiene through normal brushing and flossing.
You should clean your aligners regularly - we recommend using the Invisalign® cleaning system, though you can also brush them with a toothbrush and rinse them in lukewarm water. Do not use hot water or place them in a dishwasher, as this will warp the plastic and ruin your aligners. Please also do not chew gum, smoke, eat or drink while wearing your aligners as it may damage them. If your aligner breaks or is lost, contact us immediately.
No. While you may feel a bit of discomfort the first few days you wear your aligners, it will fade as your mouth adjusts to the appliance. If you do experience any pain or discomfort, and it continues to persist, please contact our office to make an appointment and resolve the issue.
After you finish your Invisalign treatment, our dentist will provide you with a retainer to help keep your teeth in their newly aligned positions and ensure that your treatment results our permanent. We will provide you with more information at the time you receive your aligner.
Schedule An Appointment
To determine if Invisalign clear aligners in Temple, Texas, are right for you, please call Care Dental Spa at 254-773-0055 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Quang Luong. We are here to help you achieve the healthy, beautiful smile you have always wanted!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.